White teeth are an attractive feature of a healthy smile. Almost anything can affect the color of your teeth and have a negative impact on the overall appearance of your teeth. Foods like coffee can leave horrible looking dark stains around the teeth that can be spotted from a distance and give of an appearance of being unhealthy. Smoking will also leave horrible nicotine stains along the teeth that can be very difficult to remove once they have had a chance to bond to the teeth. Whitening your teeth is a solution that can help you remove the dark spots on your teeth and return them to the original white color. Here is a step-by-step list on how you can clean your teeth with simple strawberries and household items.
To complete this task you will need the following items:
- One or two full-sized strawberries
- A toothbrush
- A fork
- A bowl to mash up the berries into
- Baking soda
- Cutting board
1. Start by taking the strawberries and slicing them up into small pieces with the knife on the cutting board. The pieces of the strawberry should be as small as you can cut them and then place them into the bowl.
2. Once the strawberries are cut, take the fork and begin to mash them up into a paste inside the bowl. Make sure the berries are completely mashed and that there are no chunks left inside the bowl.
3. Take out the spoon and measure out a small tablespoon of baking soda and then completely mix it into mashed strawberries until it dissolves together.
4. Take the berry baking soda mixture and then apply it to a toothbrush followed by the stained teeth. Make sure to brush in a circulation motion and then let it sit for a full five minutes to allow the natural acids to break down the stains on the teeth.
5. Clean the toothbrush and then apply toothpaste and brush your teeth normally to remove the berry baking soda mixture off the teeth. Rinse your mouth with water afterwards to get rid of anything that lingers around stuck to the gum line or teeth.
6. Repeat these steps once a day for approximately one week. After a period of a week you should begin to see signs of fading on the stained areas of the teeth as they begin to shift back to their natural shade of white.
If you don't see noticeable improvements on the color then you should consult with a cosmetic dentist that specializes in teeth whitening to go over options for how you can whiten your smile.